a close-up shot of Syoss Repair Therapy Hair Care Product Conditioner on a plain white background

Hi, everyone! Usually, I write on my blog about the products I love to use and those that have worked well for me. However, today I have a negative review about one of the hair care products I recently tried. I want to share my opinion on the Syoss Repair Therapy Conditioner, which left me completely disappointed. Despite being specifically formulated for dry and damaged hair conditions (like mine at the moment), this product did not live up to my expectations. Allow me to explain the reasons why I didn't enjoy using it.

About the Syoss Repair Therapy Conditioner


This was not my first meeting with Syoss hair care products, I absolutely loved their Silicone Free Line and enjoyed using Syoss Hair Sprays, so I was very excited to start treating my dry hair with the Repair Therapy conditioner. Additionally, the huge bottle of the product containing 500 ml / 16.9 oz of conditioner is a perfect size for my long hair.

Syoss describes the Repair Therapy conditioner's formula as containing micro repair peptides that smooth the hair fiber, rebuilding its structure. The formula also supposes to protect the hair from any damage that may occur in the future. It was tested by professional hairdressers, so salon-like results are guaranteed. Whether you have chemically treated hair, heat-damaged strands, or simply want to revive your locks, brands state that this conditioner is a must-have in anyone's hair care routine.

a close-up of a skin with a swatch of Syoss Repair Therapy Hair Conditioner

I'll be completely honest with you: This conditioner does make my hair soft and shiny. It's easy to untangle small knots, and the scent of the product is simply divine. However, after washing, my hair feels incredibly heavy. Once I dry it, it becomes excessively greasy, almost as if I haven't washed it for weeks. Since my hair is thin and long, it tends to get weighed down by greasy formulas, making it appear dirty.

I gave the Syoss conditioner a few more tries, thinking that the issue might be my fault. I considered the possibility that I hadn't properly washed or rinsed my hair. Unfortunately, subsequent attempts yielded the same results. My hair consistently felt heavy and greasy with each new attempt. 

Please understand me correctly; I don't want to underestimate the healing and repairing capabilities of this conditioner. I genuinely believe that its formula can revive dry hair and be useful to someone else. However, it's simply not suitable for me. I prefer my hair to feel as light as a feather and look fresh after washing.

Final Thoughts


Overall, I need to say that I was expecting so much more from the Syoss Repair Therapy Conditioner, but maybe it was my mistake. I would only recommend it as a deep conditioner once or twice a week. As a daily conditioner is totally unusable. The only thing I really like about this conditioner is its delicious fragrance.

I didn't want to offend anyone with my review, I was 100 % honest about this product, but please let me know in the comments if you ever tried Syoss Repair Therapy Conditioner and if it worked for you! Do you have any recommendations on how I can make it work? And what is your favorite hair conditioner at the moment?

Lots of love,
Liz